The 2018 API Summit & Expo’s agenda will explore the following themes as it creates a platform for ‘Developing a Smarter Future for African Real Estate over a two-day period for the continent’s key property decision makers.
2: TRADITIONAL VS EMERGING ASSETS
- Africa’s expanding economies has highlighted the lack of A-Grade industrial and warehousing space – we decode the challenges and prime opportunities
- We consider affordability, traffic generation, differentiation and development cost reduction in retail – how is this driving the development of a more sophisticated and nuanced retail sector?
- With increased government support, can the private sector drive the development of innovative building and financing solutions on mass scale housing projects?
- We evaluate the viability of serviced apartments & student housing through industry leading case studies
3: DATA, VALUATIONS & RELIABILITY
- Unpacking the latest published data available – we provide bespoke insights on Africa’s largest and most opaque markets
- Is this the right data – and how do we create and provide access to market transaction and rental data to improve the case for investing and developing in Africa?
- Is there an opportunity to create shared value through data for property stakeholders to drive growth and boost yields sustainably?
4: THE SHARED ECONOMY AND SPACE AS A SERVICE:
- Is the co-working space revolution really happening? What are the current development models, demand drivers and ROI – how will this impact the office sector?
- How is demand for customised access to space changing the African real estate development landscape?
- How are the residential and hospitality markets faring and what are asset owners and developers doing to position themselves accordingly.
5: PROPERTY, ASSET AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- With traditional models being challenged – we look at the key differences between outsourcing rather than hiring in-house property managers.
- A further look into implications, risks and dynamics for managing cross border portfolio’s.
- With changing occupier and retailer demands across the continent, how are property owners and asset managers boosting ROI’s and yields as well as safeguarding their investments in these volatile environments?
6: PROPTECH & DEVELOPMENT INNOVATION
- Land titles, liquidity and property management – how blockchain is set to reshape these core facets of real estate
- How are digital solutions, urban sensing technologies and big data analytics impacting African cities and developments?
- What sustainable building materials and innovative processes (prefabricated & modular) are being used? How long will it take for these materials and processes take to become conventional?
7: AFRICAN CITIES SMART MOMENT
- How are Africa’s cities evolving and how is occupier and end-user demand driving future planning?
- How will the continent’s CBDs survive and thrive, what does the future hold?
- How are African Smart cities achieving their goal of creating a physical and functional integration and a pedestrian-oriented urban environment? Will Mauritius’ Smart Cities provide the blueprint for Africa?
8: REGIONAL & COUNTRY FOCUS
- Anglophone, Lusophone and Francophone: A look at the intricacies of investing, developing and operating in these different and unique environments
- A review of country and regional specific regulations, expected ROI and sectors of opportunity
- Regional connectivity: potential effects of inter-African travel on cross border investment and development